This is a privacy notice referring to any personal data of yours I hold, as my client or contact. If you have any queries at all regarding data protection, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DATA I PROCESS
I store the basic and medical client data provided when booking into a session or class. I communicate with client via email and phone. I don’t pass the data to anyone else. All medical data is completely private and stored online under password protection.
HOW THE DATA IS PROCESSED
While you’re subscribed to my mailing list you will receive emails from me about the studio and classes. You are welcome at any time to unsubscribe from the list, by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email I’ve sent you. You can also email me to request you are no longer emailed.
I use MailChimp to manage my customer mailing lists. They’re a reputable global service provider, and they are fully aware of their responsibilities with regard to information security and data protection.
MailChimp’s servers are located in the USA; they are registered under the Privacy Shield arrangement.
Other data stores
I use DropBox to store medical forms online. You can read about their security and encryption measures here: https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/security/architecture
All client emails are deleted after one year, or saved securely online with your medical forms, if medical information is given.
I don’t store any personal data on my Web site, which is hosted by WordPress. The only data it tracks is visit numbers and this is anonymous.
Where cookies are used, it’s simply to make it work and to provide a good customer experience. You can tweak the settings on your browser to suit your privacy preferences.
I use Facebook and Instagram to post news and information. If you send me private messages, I’ll delete them after no more than six months.
DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have a number of rights under the laws of data protection. Please email email@example.com to request any of the following:
- Right of access: you can request a copy of any personal data I hold about you.
- Right to rectification: you can ask me to correct any data that’s wrong.
- Right to erasure: you can ask for your data to be deleted, as long as I don’t have a legitimate need to hold onto it (e.g. to send bills).
- Right to restrict processing: you can ask that I stop processing your data if there’s some kind of dispute about its use.
- Right to object: you can object to me using your personal data.
- Right to data portability: if you want me to send a copy of your data to another organisation, please ask.
If you’re dissatisfied with the way in which an above request has been handled please make me aware. The local data protection supervisory authority details are:
Office of the Information Commissioner