Pilates works to facilitate improvement, addressing alignment, imbalance, flexibility and strength. It focuses on using the correct muscles behind movement to align and support the body, particularly the spine.
Reformer pilates uses resistance equipment to train the body against weight, or with instability. It draws on Joseph Pilates’ original body conditioning and rehabilitation work to build healthy, aligned bodies and backs.
‘My chiropractor commented my core was so good that I didn’t need any adjustment of my lower back. A first in many years! Results!’CLIENT LV
What should I expect?
– Highly effective whole body strengthening and toning
– Equal emphasis on strength and stabilisation
– Lean, long, balanced muscle development
– Correction of bad movement patterns and imbalances causing issues
– Development of the correct support for your spine and posture
– Possible with many injuries and long term conditions – exercises can be adapted
– Improved range of motion and flexibility
– Complements performance in all other sports
– Improved posture and general wellbeing
– Mind/Body, connection to breath, calming yet energising
I’ve achieved inner core strength and a better posture, my muscle tone has changed too. Jenna’s classes are always well balanced and she is incredibly passionate. Love it!CLIENT MN